Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Field Watch Research: BERTUCCI - SWISS MILITARY CALIBRE


























I have had a keen interest in field watches mil-spec heritage for some time now and just doing research on both the style of what I like and the functionality of the watches I am looking at. The internet is a wealth of knowledge, data and history along with consumer opinions.

While the Bertucci brand may not have actual mil-spec heritage, they do have the look and also seemed to be backed by actual durability that one would expect from a "field watch."

Usually when I find a watch and or any product of interest, I usually go straight to the companies history or about page to see what type of game or claim they are making. Its all about the about!

When I read the Bertucci story, they are talking to me and about me! I am the "every man!" I'm not a baller looking to speed a ton of money on a Panerai / Rolex / Omega / Tag Heuer. I would have if I could have, but at this stage in my life, its not in the cards. Honestly I have been a diehard Swatch fan since 1983!

So, what was so captivating from Bertucci's about page?
"It's all about building a better watch... and it's all about our promise of performance to you." 
They said "promise" IN PRINT! That is a HEAVY WORD in this day and age!

"If you were to own only one watch... it would be a watch well suited for life's endeavors. It would need to possess the qualities of durability, singularity of purpose, and versatility. In essence, equally rugged and refined, with a classic, understated, and enduring style."
They are really winning me over with some text in digital pixel form! The electricity could go off, and these words and statements would be gone... but for the moment, they have my attention.

"Original... Our Passion It's in our blood and it's in our brand. Bertucci™ Field Watches is a 10 years old, independent start up, stand alone U.S. Company. We are the market leader in titanium field watches..."
OK, They are a US Company - winning! 
Titanium - winning!
Focused out outdoor activities and field watches - winning!!!

Give them a look and start at the about page:
http://www.bertucciwatches.com/Bertucci/ourstory.html

Also, this is where I discovered them again from:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/field-watch-bertucci-vs-swiss-military-calibre-751916.html








No comments:

Post a Comment